[CentOS-devel] [Cloud SIG] CentOS Cloud SIG meeting

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Aug 25 00:49:35 UTC 2016

On 18/08/16 18:03, Rich Bowen wrote:
> So, I guess I'm asking if people still think it's valuable, and will try
> to carve out a little time for this each week. Or as was suggested in
> the meeting, should we attempt to merge the two meetings in some
> meaningful way, until such time as other Cloud Software communities see
> a benefit in participating?

As we saw last week with the tripleO issues, its quite important we not
only retain this meeting, but also bring all interfaces from the RDO
side into the CentOS project to this meeting. At the very least, the
Cloud SIG's usage of resources ( and interfaces to/from cbs.centos.org /
ci.centos.org / buildlogs.centos.org and the mirror network ) should be
talked through at the meeting.

At this point its all done via arbitrary pings on irc, emails etc - and
while this is ok for emergency work, the regular stuff should be brought
to the SIG meeting.

Secondly, not having this meeting means there is no way for the other
SIG's to interface with the group - its taking a long time, as an
example, to sort out what is needed and what the process might be for
the Power8le builds for RDO to kick off; similarly as folks request deps
on other SIG content ( ceph as an example ) - we still need a place
focus those conversations and I think it makes far more sense to do that
in the Cloud SIG meeting rather than a RDO meeting, since it works both
ways.

So, I think the question that there is no other cloud community working
with the Cloud SIG, is actually a wrong question. The question should
be, is RDO doing anything that anyone else in the ecosystem needs to
care about - and is anyone else in the ecosystem doing anything that RDO
should care about ? Then work that back through to also include, does
RDO do anything that the CentOS Project interfaces with.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh