[CentOS-devel] Duffy Source Code

David Moreau Simard

dms at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 13:39:40 UTC 2016

There is a reaper that releases nodes after a certain duration. I believe
it's set to 6 hours right now.

This is a safeguard for nodes that may not have been released properly in a
job and are "leaking".

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]

On Dec 5, 2016 7:08 AM, "Julien Pivotto" <roidelapluie at inuits.eu> wrote:

On 05 Dec 11:49, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 30/11/16 04:55, Julien Pivotto wrote:
> > Well, I do think that the code is relevant for every user. I would have
> > liked to understand a bit better how we provision upfront, how we do the
> > garbage collection, at which point are the nodes killed... With more
> > details than what is available in the wiki.
>
> the user handoff happens at the point where the duffy call is made, and
> then again the collection happens when the done call is made, or there
> is a timeout on the allocation.
>
> What specific details are you looking for beyond this ? and how would it
> impact your test workers and your use of these nodes ?

I was mainly wondering what happens if I do not release a node. The wiki
page is not clear if a garbage collector is actually implemented. I
wanted to know if it would have been useful that I create a jenkinsjob
running daily that would kill my unreleased nodes.

> Regards
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh