[CentOS-devel] Vagrant + network "private_network", type: "dhcp" => Error: Job for network.service failed because the control process exited with error code

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:10:48 UTC 2016

Hello Stéphane,

sorry for the delayed answer - I thought someone from the Atomic team
would reply (I'm only involved in developing the regular CentOS images
for Vagrant, centos/6 and centos/7, not with atomic-host).  I can
reproduce the problem with centos/atomic-host, but not with centos/7.

I noticed that the Atomic Host images do not disable the consistent
naming of network devices; I think this is what produces this error,
since eth0 remains eth0, but eth1 becomes enp0s8.  Please try to add
'biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0' to the kernel command line in grub (you
can add 'v.gui = true' to disable the headless mode, see the Vagrant
docs, and press 'e' really fast when the grub menu appears), and then
enable these parameters permanently via 'sudo grubby --update-kernel=ALL
--args='biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0', after the box boots for the first
time.  It worked for me.

Jason, any thoughts?

Best regards,
Laurențiu