[CentOS-devel] Fwd: Vagrant boxes (7.2.1511)

Wed Dec 14 15:57:46 UTC 2016
Carlos Rodrigues <cefrodrigues at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Laurentiu Pancescu <lpancescu at gmail.com> wrote:

>> They're available. You have to enable the "vault" repositories, which
>> are fortunately listed in the /etc/yum.repos.d/Centos-Vault.repo.

Enabling the vault repository isn't an option since any given release
doesn't have a vault configured for its own version, only for previous
ones.

> On 14/12/16 04:04, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
> Good point. I see that Carlos has already found a solution by customizing
> the vbguest installer in the Vagrantfile:
>
> https://github.com/dotless-de/vagrant-vbguest/issues/240#issuecomment-266741691

Unfortunately that "solution" breaks when there isn't a "kernel-devel"
package in "updates" yet. It also breaks when a particular release is
dropped out of "mirror.centos.org"(*).

The first bit is fixable one way or the other. The second bit is
fixable by using "vault.centos.org", but that would require a release
to be vaulted _before_ the new release becomes available. Right now
"vault.centos.org" doesn't contain binary packages for 7.2.1511, so
that isn't happening.

(*) The point here is to be able to destroy a vagrant instance and
safely recreate it sometime in the future (maybe the far future). This
also means no mandatory system updates inside the VM to be able to
build the guest additions.

Best regards,

--
Carlos Rodrigues