[CentOS-devel] Audio production SIG

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Feb 18 14:31:21 UTC 2016

On 02/17/2016 03:42 PM, Tim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to propose a new SIG for audio production.
>
> This would primarily cover to setup a digital audio workstation. I
> started to build some packages for this like plugins, configurations and
> a realtime kernel (built from git.centos.org <http://git.centos.org>)
> for a public repository.
> During doing all this stuff I thought of founding a SIG.
>
> I think, CentOS will be the right distribution for this, because it is
> really stable, reliable and long term supported.
>
> Regards
> Tim

I think this is an outstanding idea and I support it.

One thing to keep in mind though is patents that require compensation.
I think mp3's (for example) still fall into that category.

We can't approve things in the SIG that will violate IP law in the USA.
 And please let's not start a discussion on the validity of those laws.
 I don't know anyone who thinks they are great or wants them to exist ..
but they do and we have that limitation.

But, outside of that limitation, I am 100% supportive of an Audio
Production SIG.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes