[CentOS-devel] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Jul 5 14:28:18 UTC 2016

With the work that Marcin has done for openstack on aarch64, as well as
the ceph builds, we need to begin working a plan for publishing these
builds to a mirror. I'd like to identify the steps needed, and the
ownership for those steps.

Thomas please correct/update these as needed

1. new tag in cbs for aarch64 build, with modified dist for mitaka. Will
ceph need this as well?

2. If we wish to re-use the centos-release-openstack-mitaka noarch,
dependencies of centos-release-ceph-hammer, centos-release-qemu-ev,
centos-release-storage-common, and centos-release-virt-common need to be
addressed.

Alternately we could create a
centos-release-openstack-mitaka-experimental for now if it can work
stand-alone.

3. Mirror locations on buildlogs and mirrors need to be created and
tested. Possible adjustments to existing -release files due to the
/altarch/ vs centos path differences.

4. Package signing. This should already work with existing infra, but
need to test and validate.

--
Jim Perrin