[CentOS-devel] [rdo-list] [Arm-dev] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jul 8 12:59:45 UTC 2016

On 07/08/2016 03:35 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> I might suggest that for now (until we get the mirror bits sorted), we
>>> create a centos-release-mitaka-altarch package. This would avoid needing
>>> to mess with the existing x86_64 bits. once everything is aligned, then
>>> we can obsolete/provides the replacement and use the standard package
>>> across all architectures.
>>
>> Works for me.
>
> I didn't understand why we need separate release -altarch package. I
> understand we do need separate CBS tags but they could be still mapped
> into the same per-arch locations under
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/ and
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/ so that current OpenStack
> CloudSIG .repo [1] which uses $basearch will work. Mappings for
> testing repo request (e.g. for RDO Newton [2]) would be:

The problem here is that the aarch64 builds are currently at
mirror.centos.org/altarch/ not at /centos/, so either way we'll end up
with split repositories for the architecture.

I'm only suggesting a second package as a short term solution until we
come up with a better way to manage this.

--
Jim Perrin