[CentOS-devel] Rebuilding RDO for ppc64le

Xiandong Meng mengxiandong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:15:07 UTC 2016

In RDO Austin BOF meeting, I have proposed to rebuild RDO packages for
ppc64le. And a few discussions have been carried over since then. Now with
the power builders up and running
on cbs (http://cbs.centos.org/koji/hosts), I'd like to write to the
mailinglist for more broad discussing.

The goal is to rebuild RDO packages for ppc64le in CBS. And we will start
with Mitaka release as it is a recent stable release. And one of the idea
was to

1. create a new tag (cloud7-openstack-mitaka-candidate-ppc64le?)
2. import all 'noarch' builds from cloud7-openstack-mitaka-* tags
3. send all required packages to the builder
4. test resulting packages for installation & function validation (via ci
pipeline?)
5. import/merge all of them to propose cloud7-openstack-* tag

I think we need to proceed with this work without touching x86 tags until
it is ready for merge.  I have experience building the packages with local
mock build environment,
but i may need help to initiate that build work in CBS. Any
comments/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Alex Meng <mengxiandong at gmail.com>
mengxiandong at gmail.com