[CentOS-devel] The SCL wiki page contents and confusing SCL situation

Dominic Cleal

dominic at cleal.org
Tue May 24 07:20:22 UTC 2016

On 23/05/16 20:28, James Hogarth wrote:

> On 23 May 2016 17:13, "Johnny Hughes" <johnny at centos.org
> <mailto:johnny at centos.org>> wrote:
>>

>> I take that back .. the file will go away when we move to  6.8 ..
>
> Good to know, but I still think it is worthwhile adding the obsoletes so
> that SCL users who may not realise the repo changed get transparently
> migrated to the supported solution.

I agree that this would be a good idea, and probably the original intention.

If it's OK with the CentOS developers to obsolete their package then you
can send a PR to
https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/centos-release-sclo/tree/el6 (the
'el6' branch) to add Obsoletes/Provides. The EVR of the package should
already be higher in preparation.

>> it does
>> not seem there is any documentation on how to use the new system.
>>

> I did wonder if I missed a page upon reading your previous message!

Indeed, the /SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo page is mostly administrative
with information for members of the SIG, not users.
/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/CollectionsList is the closest we have.

Thanks for your help!

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic at cleal.org