[CentOS-devel] [infra] : Hardware migration status (full/correct version)

john tatt zikamev at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 09:42:47 UTC 2016

Bravo et merci

      De : Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
 Envoyé le : Mardi 11 octobre 2016 9h46
 Objet : [CentOS-devel] [infra] : Hardware migration status (full/correct version)

As announced some time ago (
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2016-September/022065.html
) , there was a big hardware migration/DC relocation happening yesterday
that impacted several of our public services.
Here is a small report of that migration, that finally took less time
that previously announced.

* 2016-10-10 - 1pm UTC : we started to preconfigure all changes, and
powered down all the services in correct order
* 2016-10-10 - 2pm => 6pm UTC : hardware was moved/migrated
* 2016-10-10 - 6pm => 8pm UTC : hardware was (in serial order) plugged
back in and ipmi/oob interfaces reconfigured, and network started to be
validated
* 2016-10-10 - 8:30pm UTC : https://accounts.centos.org was back online
and operational
* 2016-10-10 - 9pm UTC : https://cbs.centos.org was back online but
builders were still disabled for validation
* 2016-10-10 - 9:45pm UTC : https://cbs.centos.org : builders were
enabled and working again
* 2016-10-11 - 3:30am UTC : https://ci.centos.org now fully operational
(after some network reconfiguration needed post-migration, and validations

Thanks a lot to Brian Stinson (on-site) and DC people who helped for
that migration (Matt, Jon, Nathan, Nina, Phil)

Should you encounter an issue , feel free to discuss with us in
#centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

PS : sorry for the previous and incomplete mail : sent by accident
before finished and probably due to lack of coffee and short night ...

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab