[CentOS-devel] SIG Proposal - High performance computing (HPC) SIG

David Hrbáč

david-lists at hrbac.cz
Sun Apr 23 17:45:22 UTC 2017

Dear Ondrej at al,

Good to read such an email. The initiative is very needed. HPC
infrastructure and environment is very specific and there's no need to have
HPC SW in RPM packages. I do not want to go too much into details. It would
be a long email. Anyway I'm responsible for production/operations of
national HPC clusters here in Ostrava. So near to Brno. I'd like to invite
you all to visit us. So we can explain you the needs of HPC. How we run the
services. What we need from OS. How we distribute the software for
end-users within the clusters.

DH