[CentOS-devel] Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

John Mark Walker

John.Mark at arm.com
Thu Aug 31 13:16:20 UTC 2017

What do you need to get aarch64 caught up? I may be able to help.


From: CentOS-devel <centos-devel-bounces at centos.org> on behalf of Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:18:34 AM
To: centos-devel at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

x86_64 and ppc64 and ppc64le are ready to go, can we get those into CBS
and CI and let aarch64 catchup ? It does not look like Jim's anywhere
near closing that off.

Thomas, any options you can think through here ?

On 31/08/17 08:48, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> 2017-08-30 15:07 GMT+02:00 Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org
> <mailto:arrfab at centos.org>>:
>     On 21/08/17 16:57, Brian Stinson wrote:
>     > Hi Folks,
>     >
>     > We've had a few discussions around how to handle releasing CR
>     > (https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
>     <https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR>) over the
>     > past few days.
>     >
>     > When we last checked in, there was still a bit of work going on building
>     > and testing pre-release CR (the QA team has been hard at work), and the
>     > altarch builds were still in progress.
>     >
>     > There are 2 ways the release might play out:
>     >
>     > - If the altarch (aarch64, and ppc64{,le}) builds are finished, and we
>     >   are otherwise ready: CBS and CI will be seeded from the mirrors just
>     >   like usual, and CR will be available at roughly the same time as the
>     >   rest of the mirror network
>     >
>     > - If the altarch builds are not yet ready, the CentOS QA team may decide
>     >   to release x86_64 ahead of the other arches. In that case, we will
>     >   wait for ppc and aarch64 but still seed CI and CBS together as soon as
>     >   the altarch builds are ready.
>     >
>     >
>     > If there are any questions, feel free to comment here. As always we will
>     > post updates as we move forward.
>     >
>     > Cheers!
>     >
>     > --
>     > Brian Stinson
>     I was dscussing with some people on IRC who got the false impression
>     that what they were building and also testing in CI was tested against
>     CR. I'm back from "offline mode" and had a quick check, but it seems
>     that your proposal #2 was the one that was chosen : nothing pushed to
>     CBS/CI so built/tested against 7.3 and not 7.3+CR
>     Just want to be sure that we communicate that as I saw some RDO folks
>     mentioning Pike (next release) being released today and they hoped to
>     follow closely the upstream release. I hope that then the 7.4.1708
>     release will not break their Pike builds and tests (released before
>     7.4.1708)
> Also note qemu-kvm-ev is still qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.0-28.el7.10.1
> <http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=17495>
> because without 7.4 bits in CBS I can't
> build qemu-kvm-ev-2.9.0-16.el7_4.3.1
> <http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19374> so enabling CR repo
> will break qemu-kvm-ev users.

Karanbir Singh
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel at centos.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/attachments/20170831/e462b844/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the CentOS-devel mailing list