[CentOS-devel] [infra] DevCloud migration (users, please read)

Thu Aug 3 14:58:45 UTC 2017
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 25/07/17 10:14, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you actually use our DevCloud (https://wiki.centos.org/DevCloud)
> as a playground/sandbox environment when willing to test some
> deployments/scratch operations.
>
> We want you to notice that we'll completely refresh that environment
> next week, so DevCloud itself will be unavailable during the reinstall
> phase, but also all VMs currently running in that environment will also
> be destroyed (it's a "cloud" and for dev/testing so everything could be
> considered ephemeral )
>
> Details of the migration:
> - setting up two new dedicated storage boxes (each using SSD disks for
> faster storage backend for the provisioned VMs)
> - reinstalling the hypervisors from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7
> - migrating to RDO/OpenStack (Ocata release)
> - DevCloud users rights in OpenStack will be synced from ACO
> (https://accounts.centos.org)
>
> Due to the fact that we also have to remove some physical components
> from some nodes to other nodes, we'll have to shutdown the whole
> environment.
>
> The maintenance window is scheduled for """"Tuesday August 1st, 2:00 pm
> UTC time"""".
> You can convert to local time with $(date -d '2017-08-01 14:00 UTC')
>
> We'll do our best to keep the maintenance window as short as possible,
> but we also have a lot of things to reconfigure behind the scene
> (including new network switches). We'll announce when the new DevCloud
> environment will be available and ready to be used.
>
> All users are so encouraged to save what they want/need before that
> date, as everything will disappear. Should you have questions, feel free
> to contact me on irc, or answer to this thread

Hi,

Just to let DevCloud users (but some already tested the new infra) know
that migration to RDO/OpenStack is complete, and that the dedicated wiki
page https://wiki.centos.org/DevCloud has been converted to openstack
cli commands.

Cheers,
--