[CentOS-devel] Broken man pages in vagrant box 1710.01

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Dec 10 22:46:46 UTC 2017

On 12/11/2017 12:37 AM, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> This makes these images troublesome for interactive use (i.e. to get a
> CentOS VM that we can SSH into and use normally). Please reconsider
> this choice. Reinstalling just about every package during provisioning
> to get man pages back is not a proper solution.

I fail to understand why would you need the man pages on a server. I do
not install ANY doc ( no man, no /usr/share/doc ) on any server since
2008 and I never ever felt a need for change. You need to read a man
page ? Fine! Install it in the client you ssh from. Or read it online
from that same client