[CentOS-devel] libssh missing from extras/ppc64 repository

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Dec 13 12:54:34 UTC 2017

On 13/12/17 10:11, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've noticed that libssh inexplicably vanished from the ppc64le C7 extras
> repository, c.f., http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.4.1708/extras/ppc64/Packages/ .
>
> The weird part is that this package is still available for ppc64le on
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.4.1708/extras/ppc64le/Packages/
>

> The first time I noticed this was on Dec 10, though it might have been deleted
> earlier.
>

> Is there any reason why this happened? I assume that libssh was updated and a
> rebuild for all arches attempted, but the ppc64 builder might have either had
> general problems or the build failed in some other way. Would fit in (kinda)
> with the outage notice from Dec 2nd.
>
> I've tried tracking where "extras" builds are taking place. CBS seems to be a
> reasonable place for that, but the information for libssh seems to be outdated
> as per https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=51
>
> This page only lists rev 2, while the x86_64 and ppc64le repos both feature a
> package with rev 3, though.
>

> Given that the ppc64le packages don't have a .centos suffix, am I right to
> assume that such packages are built internally by Red Hat and that this
> infrastructure is not transparent to users?
>

> In any case, I'd appreciate a rebuild on ppc64.

The first thing to consider would be the Extras repository : normally,
packages rebuilt and pushed in that repository are rebuilt pkgs that
landed in "upstream" Extras repo.
AFAIK (but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) there is no ppc64 Extras
channel.

Now we can though try to rebuild that libssh and push it through Extras
if that's possible

WRT "infrastructure" : CBS is *not* used at all to build distribution
components, so don't search there for packages that land in
os/updates/extras repository.
Those packages are all rebuilt in a different setup.

Let's try to sync with James (ppc64/ppc64le maintainer) to see what can
be done for that libssh pkg.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab