[CentOS-devel] libssh missing from extras/ppc64 repository

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Dec 14 00:12:38 UTC 2017

* On 12/13/2017 01:54 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> The first thing to consider would be the Extras repository : normally,
> packages rebuilt and pushed in that repository are rebuilt pkgs that
> landed in "upstream" Extras repo.
> AFAIK (but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) there is no ppc64 Extras
> channel.

I cannot tell. The only thing I know for sure is that there were libssh ppc64
packages prior to (likely) Dec 7.

> Now we can though try to rebuild that libssh and push it through Extras
> if that's possible

That would be nice!

> WRT "infrastructure" : CBS is *not* used at all to build distribution
> components, so don't search there for packages that land in
> os/updates/extras repository.
> Those packages are all rebuilt in a different setup.

I suspected that since most packages are just copied directly from RHEL without
a further rebuild, the building infrastructure might not be publicly available.

Nothing I could look up to figure out what happened...

> Let's try to sync with James (ppc64/ppc64le maintainer) to see what can
> be done for that libssh pkg.

Thanks.

Mihai