[CentOS-devel] *A lot* of packages missing from extras/ppc64 repository [was: Re: libssh missing from extras/ppc64 repository]

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri Dec 15 03:52:25 UTC 2017

Since my initial report, either even more packages mysteriously vanished or I
simply didn't notice the highly diverging number of packages in the ppc64 and
ppc64le repositories.

However, as of right now, both repositories have only 24 packages in common.

274(!) packages are missing from the ppc64 repository but are available in the
ppc64le repository.

Not all of these packages are actually unique packages. Instead, some are merely
older versions of the same package (for instance, ansiable has four packages
with three being outdated versions).

The trend, though, seems to be that any package that has more recent builds than
Dec 07 is deleted from the ppc64 repository (including old versions), but the
newer version never makes it into this repository.

My best guesses currently are that either deletion works, but pushing packages
to this repository is broken for some reason, or that the package builds failed
(which seems unlikely, unless your systems delete older packages automatically
without waiting for a successful new build).

Something definitely looks odd there.

Mihai