[CentOS-devel] EPEL and pyOpenSSL

Tony Breeds

tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Dec 18 22:55:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,
    I admit that I'm not sure if this is an EPEL, CentOS or RDO problem.
I had to pick a place to start and this is it ;P

I've done afresh CentOS 7 install on both x86_64 and ppc64le.  After
adding the EPEL and epel-testing repos I do yum, install -y rdopkg and I
get words to the effect of:

<snip>
Error: Package: python2-rdopkg-0.45.0-4.el7.noarch (epel)
           Requires: pyOpenSSL >= 16.2.0
           Installing: pyOpenSSL-0.13.1-3.el7.ppc64le (base)
               pyOpenSSL = 0.13.1-3.el7
<snip>

I can pretty easily get past this with:
yum localinstall http://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/packages/pyOpenSSL/16.2.0/3.el7/noarch/python2-pyOpenSSL-16.2.0-3.el7.noarch.rpm

but I suspect that it means I'm missing smething simple.  Is the
another repo I need to enable when using EPEL?

Yours Tony.