[CentOS-devel] Ceph status update in the storage SIG

David Moreau Simard

dms at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 23:39:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:41 AM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com> wrote:
> We're also in the process of updating Ceph Hammer from 0.94.6 to
> 0.94.9

I have a candidate build out for 0.94.9 [1] which might need to go out ASAP.

We've been having issues where 0.94.6 is hanging and failing in our CI
under certain circumstances whereas I am unable to reproduce the
problem on 0.94.9.
I'm not able to put my finger on what the exact problem is - the
problem reproduces on ci.centos.org jobs consistently where it does
not elsewhere.
This might be happening since CentOS 7.3 is out ? Maybe something
related to that.

To get 0.94.9 to build, install and run, I needed to tag the following
that were missing from ceph-hammer-candidate:
- libbabeltrace [2] (would otherwise fail to build from source)
- lttng-ust [3] (would otherwise fail to build from source)
- userspace-rcu [4] (dependency for lttng-ust for liburcu-cds.so &&
liburcu-bp.so)

For the record, here's the spec file update for 0.94.6 to 0.94.9 [5].

Here's a sample .repo file to test it out:
---
[centos-ceph-hammer-candidate]
name=CentOS-7 - Ceph Hammer Candidate
baseurl=http://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage7-ceph-hammer-candidate/x86_64/os/
gpgcheck=0
priority=1
enabled=1
---

I've successfully tested 0.94.9 in an OpenStack use case (backing
Nova, Glance, Cinder and Gnocchi) without problems but I'd like to
hear back from at least someone else.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions,

[1]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=15370
[2]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3723
[3]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3724
[4]: https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=741