[CentOS-devel] Updating/upgrading SCL components

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:32:37 UTC 2017

Hi all,

 I have installed a new CentOS 7 vm fully updated. For technical reasons, I need to use MySQL 5.6.x, PHP 5.6 and NGNIX 1.x web server. To accomplish this, I have decided to use SCL components from CentOS's http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/, but I have some doubts/questions:

 a/ What are the differences between rh-php56-X. and sclo-php56-X packages, for example??
 b/ When these tools will be updated? .. In concrete with NGINX version. Official's NGINX stable release is 1.10.x, but in SCL repos only appears 1.8.X release .. Why?

Many thanks for your attention.

--
Greetings,
C. L. Martinez