[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le is now available

Murilo Opsfelder Araújo

muriloo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 21 19:55:48 UTC 2017

On 03/20/2017 03:11 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
[...]

Hi, Jim.

> So the way we do this for the other base containers, it would need to be
> committed into its own branch in
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-images/  in a docker
> directory as the other builds are done.

What would that branch be named?  `CentOS-7.3.1611-ppc64le`?

> It would also need a Dockerfile, and optionally a cppp.yaml file and
> detached gpg signature of the tarball.

We already have Dockerfile and tarball.  If you create the branch, we
will submit a pull request.

Which gpg key should be used to sign the tarball?  The PowerPC key at
https://www.centos.org/keys/#powerpc-key?

Other question, who pushes images to
https://hub.docker.com/r/centos/aarch64/?  We have not found anything
about that.  And how we would do that for ppc64le?

We have built the base image using
https://github.com/fabianorosas/centos-docker-ppc64le/blob/master/centos-docker.sh
because there are still some pieces missing on the distro.

For now, we can continue building it on our side but the build works on
nested kvm virtualization, i.e. running it on any CentOS 7.3 guest
should work just fine.

We have not had a chance to look at Container Pipeline yet, we hope to
look at it soon.

--
Murilo