[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le is now available

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 22 03:46:16 UTC 2017

On 21/03/17 19:55, Murilo Opsfelder Araújo wrote:
> On 03/20/2017 03:11 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hi, Jim.
>
>> So the way we do this for the other base containers, it would need to be
>> committed into its own branch in
>> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-images/  in a docker
>> directory as the other builds are done.
>
> What would that branch be named?  `CentOS-7.3.1611-ppc64le`?
>
>> It would also need a Dockerfile, and optionally a cppp.yaml file and
>> detached gpg signature of the tarball.
>
> We already have Dockerfile and tarball.  If you create the branch, we
> will submit a pull request.

I would prefer to get the build script to produce that, and run it in
sync with the other builds at the same time.

> Which gpg key should be used to sign the tarball?  The PowerPC key at
> https://www.centos.org/keys/#powerpc-key?
>
> Other question, who pushes images to
> https://hub.docker.com/r/centos/aarch64/?  We have not found anything
> about that.  And how we would do that for ppc64le?
>
> We have built the base image using
> https://github.com/fabianorosas/centos-docker-ppc64le/blob/master/centos-docker.sh
> because there are still some pieces missing on the distro.

whats missing for the process to work the same as the x86_64 image ?

> For now, we can continue building it on our side but the build works on
> nested kvm virtualization, i.e. running it on any CentOS 7.3 guest
> should work just fine.

i dont see why docker build would need any sort of virtualisation at all ?

> We have not had a chance to look at Container Pipeline yet, we hope to
> look at it soon.

container pipeline will build above the base, for layered images - not
the base itself.

--
Karanbir Singh