[CentOS-devel] What to do with SCLo SIG content that is EOL

Trevor Hemsley trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 13 12:35:57 UTC 2017

On 13/10/17 12:55, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> On 13/10/17 12:49, Pavel Valena wrote:

Some numbers to go with this so we can see the scope of the problem.

I went through the list on
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/CollectionsList and
used yum list on each of the collections that are listed as "EOL
since..." (mostly 2016) and got a list of the packages that belong in
EOL collections. Stripping out the yum headings etc from that list
leaves me with a file containing 1740 lines. There are some packages
listed by yum that are too long and thus spill the version/repo name
onto the next line so that isn't quite 1740 packages but it must be
around the 1700 mark. From yum repolist, that shows me there are
5899+444 = 6343 packages in the 2 SCL repos so over 25% of packages in
those 2 repos are currently unsupported and EOL.

That's an awful lot of unsupported software that's currently too easy to
install.

Trevor