[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.4.1708 as basic el7 buildroot in CBS

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Sep 11 06:02:56 UTC 2017

On 11/09/17 07:30, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

> <mailto:arrfab at centos.org>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     As discussed on the list, we wanted to push 7.4.1708 first to CBS/Koji
>     and at the same time to CI (so that what's built against a specific tree
>     can be tested against the same set of pkgs in CI)
>
>     We'll so make it 7.4.7108 available within CBS in the next hours, and
>     for *all* arches actually covered within CBS.
>
>     That means that we'll switch (before it's pushed to external mirrors and
>     so be announced) the buildroots to start using the following
>     repositories:
>
>     7.4.1708/{os,updates,extras}
>
>     That will be so done in parallel for x86_64,aarch64,ppc64,ppc64le .
>
>     We're just launching some sanity tests against those trees (all in
>     place) and then we'll open this in CBS/Koji (plenty of tasks for this as
>     Koji will have to rebuild internal metadata for those mirrors, aka "koji
>     regen-repo $buildroot")
>
>     We'll post an update here when it will be switched and so active. That
>     will let some time for SIGs to build some of the pkgs that were
>     waiting/depending on 7.4.1708 pkgs from the distro, and so be "ready"
>     before we go GA with 7.4.1708 (in the next days)
>
>     Hope this will help
>

> Still failing to build qemu-kvm-ev:
>
> DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: No Package found for libfdt-devel >= 1.4.3
> DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: No Package found for rdma-core-devel
>
> http://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/4750/224750/root.log

Yes, because it's not there (yet) : I initially thought that we'd be
able to have it available for *all* arches last friday but it wasn't the
case :-(  (worth also noting that I initially also said we'd post an
updated when it would be done, which we never did)

So after a small discussion it was decided to post-pone that action and
so be sure that all arches would have time to catch up, which is now
done, so the plan is to discuss this during CBS meeting today, and have
it available directly after, then let some time for SIGs to build/test
artifacts and then official GA for 7.4.1708.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab