[CentOS-devel] Disk size on Vagrant image

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at centosproject.org
Tue Sep 12 20:52:10 UTC 2017

On 12/09/17 21:33, Marcin Dulak wrote:
> I'm not opposing changes to the controllers, only the random behavior of
> the centos/7 image depending on the version of virtualbox:
> https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16387

Nice to hear that.  The IDE images default to using the host caching
system, which wastes host memory to cache things cached by the guest
anyway (that decreases the host performance, especially if youțre not
using it exclusively for running VMs).  Things like NCQ offered by SATA
but not IDE increase the performance even more.

FWIW, I've seen the "IDE" vs "IDE Controller" issue even with the same
release of VirtualBox, by instantiating a box several times.  I assume
it's a bug in VirtualBox that our particular config file happens to
trigger.  Perhaps we could rebase the config file in ImageFactory on
what VirtualBox generates, but that would be Ian's decision.

Regards,
Laurențiu