[CentOS-devel] [SIG Process] Point-Release Freeze of SIG Content while CR is Active

Brian Stinson

brian at bstinson.com
Tue Apr 17 13:30:35 UTC 2018

Hi Folks,

At the CBS meeting yesterday we discussed a proposal to freeze the Sign
and Push-to-mirror processes during the period between when CR is active
and a point release.

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2018-April/016610.html

You may recall that we did something similar for 7.1708

We need to Freeze because we make CR content available in CBS for
builds, and in CI for testing purposes. But, releasing content built
against CR to mirror.centos.org would have had some unintended
consequences (e.g. we don't want to require that end-users enable CR to
get content from the SIGs).

The Point-release Freeze does not affect content moving from the testing
tags in CBS to buildlogs.c.o, that will continue to show up as it is
built. Do note: since we do want to give testers and developers an
opportunity to build and test against an upcoming point-release before
it goes GA, content coming from buildlogs.centos.org may require
enabling the CR repo.

Any new requests for sign+push (adding new tags to mirror.c.o) during
Point-release Freeze will be held until the point release goes GA.

We approved this as part of the CR checklist during the meeting
yesterday, and will include another note about this in the CR release
announcement.

https://www.centos.org/minutes/2018/April/centos-devel.2018-04-16-14.00.html

If there are any questions, please let us know and discuss here on the
list.

Cheers!

--
Brian Stinson