[CentOS-devel] git19 from sclo-rh missing from repodata

Trevor Hemsley trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 22 15:29:17 UTC 2018

On 22/08/18 16:24, BC wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:35 AM, BC <centoslistmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I mention this because I saw no notice. One day they just disappeared
>> from the repodata and it is curious that the RPMs themselves are still
>> there.
> Is there any update on this? Is it broken and will be fixed? Is it
> intentional and a wontfix?

It is intentional that it has been removed from the metadata as those
packages are no longer supported. What is not intentional is that the
packages themselves keep re-appearing in the directories in the repo
itself. The repodata is correct in not listing them, the fact that they
still exist as files is not.

They're unsupported and should have been removed. The fact that you
cannot install them as they're missing from the repodata is a good
thing. The fact that the packages still exist (even though you cannot
install them via yum) is not.

Trevor