[CentOS-devel] building nfs-ganesha for ceph

Ken Dreyer kdreyer at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 16:11:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:09 PM Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think it should be achievable. I try and build ganesha with as many
> FSALs enabled as possible. It's been a while though since I looked at
> which version of Ceph was in CBS for the Storage SIG.
>
> If Ceph doesn't guarantee its ABIs though that's going to make things
> harder.

I confirmed with Matt Benjamin on ceph-devel today that this ok. We'll
be able to build nfs-ganesha-2.7 against Luminous and then cross-tag
that into our newer releases (eg mimic and nautilus). So we can follow
the same model that you're following with building nfs-ganesha in the
"oldest supported" build target.

In terms of sharing one single nfs-ganesha build across ceph and
gluster, I think that will require more work. We'd probably want:

1) A custom nfs-ganesha "-build" tag/target that contains the "oldest
   supported" versions of both ceph and gluster,

2) cross-tag the nfs-ganesha builds from there into both the ceph and gluster
   -testing tags,

3) Update the mash configuration to exclude the irrelevant sub-packages
   when building ceph and gluster's "testing" and "release" repositories.

Unfortunately that last bit looks really tricky. I'm not sure there is
a way to tell mash itself to exclude a particular sub-package, and
https://git.centos.org/blob/sig-core!cbs-tools.git/master/scripts!mash_run.sh
uses a basic mash config template for all CBS tags.

- Ken