[CentOS-devel] Building Origin for s390x

Hrishikesh Barman

hrishikeshbman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:01:25 UTC 2018

Hello Neale,

> I have been building Origin for use on s390x (aka Z Systems aka Mainframe) for a couple of years now. Currently, I have a script that will pull the appropriate release from github and build the various components: origin, registry, web-console, service-broker, and aggregate-logging. There are a handful of mods due to where the resulting images will be pushed and some logging package locations. I would like to replicate the build infrastructure used for the official releases rather than maintain some bash to get things going. I have access to a relatively well resourced Linux on Z virtual machine with external network capability. If this is feasible, I would like to identify what’s required.

There's a proposal[1] for bootstrapping CentOS on Z from the openmainframeproject. I have been reading and trying building small packages in an foreign environment to work on that proposal. I have access to a Z vm from IBM LinuxONE Community Cloud but haven't tried it yet. It would be great help if you could walk through what you already did.

Links:
[1] https://github.com/openmainframeproject/tsc/blob/master/proposed_projects/Bootstrap%20CentOS%20on%20Z.md

--
Hrishikesh Barman
GPG Key: 286783F83BB6403B77143C3673DD3094CD25F1CF