[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG, where is glusterfs-server?

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Dec 24 08:52:17 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 12:26:53PM -0500, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> I've spent hours searching for the glusterfs-server package
> and everywhere I looked said to use packages from the Storage
> SIG.  After installing each of the centos-release-gluster*
> packages, I still get "No package glusterfs-server available."
> So...I checked the documentation on the wiki and it says to
> start by installing glusterfs-server.
>
> Is there a reason that there is no package for the server?
>
> Are there plans to create one?  (Preferably for 4.0, 4.1 and
> 5.)
>
> May I (or would you) update the wiki to reflect the current
> status of glusterfs on CentOS?

With recent versions of Gluster, the server component is no longer
available for CentOS-6. The client-side packages should be the there
though. The Gluster server components are only maintained for CentOS-7
and more current distributions. I'll try to go through
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/gluster-Quickstart
and make it clear. Is that the documentation that you used, or do we
need to adjust it somewhere else too?

HTH,
Niels