[CentOS-devel] Experimental Vagrant images

Richard Alloway

richard.alloway at roguewave.com
Fri Jul 13 20:30:21 UTC 2018

Greetings!

I wanted to provide some feedback on my use of these experimental vagrant images over the last week or so.

The provider that I tested under was VirtualBox.

My day to day work requires that I stand up VMs to recreate and troubleshoot customer issues, have pristine environments in order to (re)build packages and other random tasks.  This work is usually on CentOS 6 or 7 via the centos/6 and centos/7 images, respectively, so having both of these images to test out was very useful and aligned with my normal practices.

The experience continues to be all-around positive!  No issues have been encountered related to the images at all.

In addition to the above, I expanded the size of the virtual disks multiple times as well as tested adding, removing and resizing swap.

If there are any additional tests or any specific questions you have about my use of these images, please let me know!

Thanks!

-Rich

Rich Alloway | Linux Developer
Rogue Wave Software, Inc.