[CentOS-devel] What is the state of glusterfs-server on CentOS 6?

Mon Jun 18 12:08:12 UTC 2018
Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>

I'm a little confused about  the state of glusterfs-server on CentOS 6.
It isn't supported with gluster 4, the current recommended version
of gluster.

I have an existing server with glusterfs-server 3.18.15-1 which had a
hard drive crash.  So I'd like to rebuild the gluster environment on that
server.  I see that centos-release-gluster38 is available, but I read some-
where that it is no longer supported.  Also centos-release-gluster312
is available, but I don't see any indication that it is still supported.

Is the SIG providing any ongoing support beyond that which is provided
by the gluster project?

What is the current recommendation of the storage sig for running
glusterfs-server on CentOS 6?