[CentOS-devel] [ovirt-devel] Re: SIGs: Possibility to drop EOL content at 7.6.1810 release time

Tue Nov 13 10:52:49 UTC 2018
Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>

Il giorno mar 13 nov 2018 alle ore 11:24 Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>
ha scritto:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 12:23:38PM +0000, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 12:52:59PM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> > > Il giorno ven 2 nov 2018 alle ore 12:33 Niels de Vos <
> ndevos at redhat.com> ha

> potentially EOL
> directories can
> decisions

> > > Can we keep 3.12? It's still consumed by oVirt 4.2.
> > > Adding oVirt devel team, just in case we'll need urgently to rebase on
> > > newer Gluster on CentOS 7.6 GA or block upgrade to CentOS 7.6 from
> oVirt
> > > side till we figure out how to handle.
> >
> > 3.12 does not get any updates anymore... Ideally users do not consume
> > that version but have moved on to 4.0 or 4.1 already. Gluster 5 is
> > available and should get announced soon (not sure if that can happen
> > with the CentOS 7.6 release).
>
> Is it possible for us to remove the centos-release-gluster312 package
> from CentOS Extras, but keep the gluster-3.12 repository available for
> you to consume with oVirt 4.2? That would prevent users from installing
> an unmaintained version, but you can still download the packages.
>
> We also forcefully disable the unmaintained repositories (as they will
> get deleted later), but I can wait with that if it helps. This is done
> through
> https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-gluster-legacy in
> case you're interested.
>
> So, what I need from you, is an estimation of dates of when the
> following actions can be done:
>
> 1. delete centos-release-gluster312 from CentOS Extras

I think this can be removed, we don't have a direct requirement on that
package

> 2. remove the gluster-3.12 repository from the mirrors

I started discussion with oVirt development team about switching to a newer
Gluster release, I need to get feedback from them.

> 3. update centos-release-gluster-legacy with Gluster 3.12 deprecation

I think this can be updated while removing centos-release-gluster312 from
CentOS Extras

--

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>