[CentOS-devel] Cockpit on CentOS 7 bugs/issues

Fri Oct 26 14:27:11 UTC 2018
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/25/2018 05:16 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 10/25/2018 03:20 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> The packages in question come from this source code:
>>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!cockpit
>>>
>>> The original sources are in rhel-7-extras
>>>
>>> We have to de-brand / modify the packages, here are the commits for that:
>>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!cockpit.git/c7-extras
>>>
>>> If you look at the actual commit for the debranding, I added in the step
>>> that normally gets rid of subscriptions .. (line 42 of the commit):
>>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/commitdiff/rpms!cockpit.git/fc6cf2b2c9befc6fea436bc8c3341d4c46bbec91
>>>
>>> Now we need to figure out WHY the require for subscription-manager is
>>> still there.
>>>
>>> Let the troubleshooting begin :)
>>
>> This link is the actual spec used:
>> https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!cockpit.git/c7-extras/SPECS!cockpit.spec
>>
>> hmm .. looks to me like cockpit-system should NOT require
>> subscription-manager .. but it does :(
>>

> OK, we figured out that part .. they used %define build_subscriptions 1
> and they used to test the VALUE of that .. but now they just look at %if
> %{defined} .. so a 1 or a 0 will both ne true.  SO .. I will have to
> make a change to test the value or %undefine that variable now.
>
> WRT sosreport .. are we sure that our modifed sosreport will work with
> cockpit (have you used it in the past)?  We heavily mod sosreport to not
> use subscription pieces and point to bugs.centos.org.

Follow up on the cockpit-sosreport package .. it is not in the RHEL
version of cockpit, only the Fedora version .. so we will not be adding
it in either unless there is a compelling reason.