[CentOS-devel] What is the preferred approach to get golang >= 1.9.4 in buildroots in the CBS?

Wed Oct 31 12:53:49 UTC 2018
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 01:26:43PM +0100, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 30/10/18 13:16, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > On 30/10/18 10:05, Niels de Vos wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It seems that the golang version (1.8) in the CentOS build (base?)
> >> repository is not recent enough to build one of the Gluster components.
> >> GlusterD2-5.0 needs golang >= 1.9.4.
> >>
> >> There is a build of golang-1.10.2-1.el7 in the CBS, but that is only for
> >> x86_64, and I would need a version that has ppc64le and aarch64 as well.
> >>
> >> Early on, golang was included in CentOS Extras, is that a possible
> >> location to keep a more recent version?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Niels
> >
> > Hi Niels,
> >
> > golang 1.9.4 is available in base repo for all arches, like aarch64 and
> > ppc64le :
> >
> >  *
> > http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/ppc64le/Packages/golang-1.9.4-1.el7.ppc64le.rpm
> >
> >  *
> > http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/aarch64/Packages/golang-1.9.4-1.el7.aarch64.rpm
> >

> > So do you mean that a gluster build is failing at your side ? if so,
> > haven't you in the past tagged a specific golang build for your
> > tags/targets ? if so that would explain why it ignores the base packages
> > but instead would use the tagged version
> >
> > Can you verify this ?
> >

> Per discussion with Kkeithley in #centos-devel, but pasting here for
> everybody ::
>
> <paste>
> arrfab: cbs list-tagged storage7-gluster-common-candidate
>                                            arrfab: let me explain how to
> find that
>> arrfab: your build : https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=595140
>
> arrfab: from that you see the build target, pointing then to
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=1623>  and then you see the inheritance
>> arrfab: and one (storage7-gluster-common-candidate) has that specific
> golang tagged                                 arrfab: so untag it, and
> next build, it will use the one from repo/os instead of that specific
> version that tdawson tagged in the past
>
> </paste>
>
> Hope that this helps .. Adding also that on the wiki so that people can
> find it if needed

Thanks! I did not remember we had golang tagged... maybe that was done
for earlier builds of glusterd2. Kaleb also sent an email with the
details, he untagged golang-1.8 and builds of glusterd2-5.0 have
finished.

Niels