[CentOS-devel] Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-11-13 Meeting

Fri Dec 13 19:20:30 UTC 2019
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 14:14 Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> Karsten,
>
> Thanks for the updates and all of the directors efforts in the direction
> of more transparency. These initiatives do take time to evolve and from our
> side, we appreciate the work which is going on.
>
> One possible option for the future would be to provide observer status for
> the board meetings. This would allow interested parties to listen in and
> follow the activities. My experience of open source project board meetings
> is that this also helps for those who might be interested to get involved
> in project governance to understand the discussions (and in some cases
> determine there are other areas they would prefer to devote their efforts
> :-)

+1 to observers.

And thank you to the board for having these hard conversations about
transparency, and being willing to admit past failings and move forward
boldly.