[CentOS-devel] Community build services and EPEL8

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 05:23:21 UTC 2019

Il giorno mer 10 lug 2019 alle ore 22:53 Thomas Oulevey <
thomas.oulevey at cern.ch> ha scritto:

> Hello folks,
>
> In the planning of next Community build services, a new question came up.
>
> In the past we never allowed EPEL repositories to be used as external
> repositories for SIGs. Doing so, would allow to build against EPEL
> packages and not duplicate the work for maintainers in EPEL/SIGs.
>
> However it would mean also building against a moving target which can be
> difficult if EPEL policies are the same as today.
>
> As EPEL 8 is also in the making it would be good to hear what SIGs think
> about this specific issue.
>
> Let us know !

Within Virt SIG, under oVirt project we are rebuilding a few packages from
EPEL without modifications.
Being able to tag into our repos packages which are available in EPEL would
reduce the load on the SIG.

> --
> Thomas Oulevey

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>