[CentOS-devel] contributions to websites

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 15:51:35 UTC 2019

On 3/27/19 7:02 AM, Florian Winter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to contribute to websites belonging to CentOS. How can I start,
> what's the best way ? One suggestion I have, is to migrate centos.org
> from nanoc to a python based static site generator for example pelican.

There is already a prototype that JBrooks is working on to move the
website from nanoc to Jekyll, which should be a huge improvement in
terms of making it easier for other people to contribute. I hope to have
more detail on this on Friday.

One thing that we would like to do is identify portions of content that
are in the wiki (optimized for frequently changing content) that should
instead be on the main website (optimized for more static content).

We also need help with consistent cross-site themeing.

We have several websites, each of which has its own unique visual identity:

www.centos.org
wiki.centos.org
centos.org/forums
blog.centos.org

Additionally, we have our various social media presences, which each
have their own theme.

It would be great to have a unified theme across all of these sites,
which ties them together, as well as more consistent navigation so that
getting between sites isn't so challenging.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166