[CentOS-devel] contributions to websites

Florian Winter

florianwinter at leetbit.com
Wed Mar 27 17:42:22 UTC 2019

Short explanation why I suggested pelican:

1.) in the CentOS web universe like you said there are existing bunch of
different techs and styles, but imho trending to python (bottle, flask)

2.) pelican is based on jinja templates. you can also use jinja with
bottel, flask, django. ansible uses jinja too.

3.) maybe in the future ... to collaborate web solutions, it's easy with
jinja temps and a python based full stack web framework for example django.

4.) CentOS has the focus of providing an OS and not a web platform ...
so maybe ruby is better for web dev from the technical perspective, but
imho python fits more the needs of the whole project.

5.) keep it simple and not use too much different techs or programming
langs.

Imho it could also a good choice to choose a Javascript framework. So
that Javascript is used for web and manuals like antora (asciidoc
instead of rst (sphinx) would be my next question :D).

I like to know why you chose ruby for further development ?

best regards,
florian

ps: I'm not a web developer. I just want to understand the decision and
contribute to the project.