[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon May 13 12:00:26 UTC 2019

On 10/05/2019 05:38, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 16:08 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Would you mind if we'd switch to https://git.centos.org for CentOS 8
>> artwork related git repositories ?
>
> We started the switch already :) I pushed files related to brands,
> rnotes and backgrounds to https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork in a
> branch named c8, since the artwork is release-specific.
>
> Looking at centos-logos and centos-indexhtml repos in git.centos.org
> didn't find any c8 branch or reference to RHEL8 GA sources to start
> rebranding them. Looked the link on the wiki FrontPage (
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/) and can't find them
> there either. Could you (or someone else) point out the correct place
> to look for RHEL8 GA sources please?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Alain,

We don't get the sources for logos (for debranding reasons), and that
was true for c7 too.
But we had our own centos-logos in git, and I see that Johnny already
pushed your mods there :

https://git.centos.org/rpms/centos-logos/blob/c8/f/SPECS/centos-logos.spec#_215

My proposal would be (if that's fine for you) :
- push some mock-ups/files, everything related to Artwork to
https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork
- for rpm packages, like centos-logos or centos-indexhtml, you can (as
sig-artwork lead) already push to specific branch, so you can already
push with your user to c8-sig-artwork branch

From that point, you can ask PR (have to verify if one can open a PR
against a specific branch, c8 in this case, as it *can't* be master) and
Johnny can merge it, or just ask Johnny do it "manually" by "git
checkout c8, git merge c8-sig-artwork, git push" :)

Would that kind of framework work for you ? Also, adding other people to
sig-artwork group would be great for this ;-)

PS : thanks a *lot* for all the c8 artwork you've already worked on !
Awesome job ! :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab