[CentOS-devel] Unshipped -devel packages in CentOS Linux

Wed Nov 6 20:00:55 UTC 2019
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>

On 06/11/2019 18:44, Pablo Sebastián Greco wrote:

> El 6/11/19 a las 14:35, Brian Stinson escribió:
>> I'd also like to discuss how we populate this repo/module. It would be
>> easiest to just dump every unshipped package in and move on, but that
>> doesn't help us track which of these packages are truly important
>> outside of building the distro.  Shipping*everything*  also represents a
>> larger content set to manage if lifecycle issues come up in the future.
>> An alternative would be to store this definition in git (we'll need to
>> do that anyways), and allow folks to make pull requests to include new
>> content, shipping this as a separate repo would let us spin updates on
>> demand.
>
> I would love to see *Everything*, but it could be problematic with
> modules like python36 (blacklisting all the python2 rpms) and python27
> (blacklisting all the python3 rpms)

we've got precidence here in the addons repo that was shipped in past
versions, where content built but not shipped clearly upstream was
avaialble.

at the very least, content coming from srpms that have a corrosponding
binary in the other 3 repos should ship by default.

how much content are we talking about that comes from srpms that dont
have a single component that ships in the main 3 repos ?

Also, i would leave this repo enabled. there isnt anything conflicting
with the distro rpms here is there ?

regards