[CentOS-devel] CPE Team Weekly Update: 2019-10-04

Tim Bell

Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Oct 4 17:16:38 UTC 2019

Thanks for the info.

Can you clarify how CentOS community volunteers can contribute towards building and releasing the CentOS and Fedora platform artifacts?

Tim

On 4 Oct 2019, at 19:04, Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com<mailto:amoloney at redhat.com>> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to week two of the CPE team high level weekly project updates!

We hope to also mirror this email update in a blog post sometime in the near future.

Firstly, here is a brief overview of the team and our remit.

The Community Platform Engineering Team (CPE) is an internal Red Hat team dedicated to the CentOS and Fedora projects where we contribute to the infrastructure, design, implement and maintain services critical to the success of the communities. We are also  responsible for building and releasing CentOS and Fedora platform artifacts and deliverables. You will also see us around both communities as contributors :)

CentOS:

  *
 The team is working with CERN about koji upgrade process for cbs.centos.org<http://cbs.centos.org/>
  *
CentOS CI
     *
SSL Authentication issue with Fedora Messaging pluginI now solved.
     *
Shared library being developed
  *   8.0.1905 docs now published on docs.centos.org<http://docs.centos.org/>.

Fedora:

Rawhide Gating: <https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/projects/3>

  *
Moving towards testing in staging with a beta release being built to deploy in staging.
  *
Robosignatory using fedora-messaging deployed in staging.
     *
There is an issue on documentation here that is also being addressed
  *
Rawhide compose now fixed & some broken kde deps rebuilt
  *
Work on staging environment set to start this week
     *
This broke when we branched F31 in production & ticket tracked in: https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8838
  *
Koji storage issue was fixed and closed
  *
Overview page of the remaining blockers and dependencies organized at:
     *
https://hackmd.io/Gbuu9JOPR--Y2yNCBEYI5A?view
        *
Input welcome for anything that would be missing
     *
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/projects/3
        *
High priority items in the “Ready” column are all hard-dependency for pushing multi-builds to production

repoSpanner<https://github.com/repoSpanner/repoSpanner>

  *
(Another!) Race condition discovered has been fixed and tested
  *
Test suite is more stable, but is still an ongoing work for full reliability
  *
Performance testing is underway this week

Application Handover to Community

  *
Badges: Thread has been started to get a decision with new maintainers
  *
Packagedb-cli: Retired this week
  *
Pastebin: Ongoing conversations with future maintainer, expecting an update in the next 2 weeks
  *
Elections: Move to CommuniShift underway with two blockers to fix before complete.
  *
Fedocal:  If no maintainer is found by October 15th, it will be decommissioned.
     *
Please reach out to any of the CPE team if you want to take over this project.
  *
Nuancier: Identified a maintainer and the team are engaging in a conversation
  *
Whatcanidoforfedora.org<http://Whatcanidoforfedora.org>: Moved to Communishift
     *
 DNS needs to be directed and a new owner is needed for it so this is open for volunteers
  *
Documentation for onboarding contributors to Community OpenShift was started with a good mail thread on Fedora Devel

Misc highlights from various parts of the ecosystem:

  *
FPDC: No Update
  *
Fedora Container base image released.
  *
Merged Fedora image PR on Dockerhub https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pull/6702,
  *
 Rawhide compose failures, due to podman gating, filed https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/3512 are still being worked on
  *
F31 Final freeze will start next Tuesday, 8th October
  *
Fedora 26 & 27 packages were archived in koji.
  *
A discussion to define what Minimum Viable Fedora<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/PN6RL7XT3V7DVC7MK46H3QDEJPL5FRI6/> looks like was started.
     *
Please get involved! :)
  *
Bug in Koji plugin was resolved so sending signing messages has resumed.

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8158

  *
cpe/infra-docs repo is being removed from pagure and we are now going to use infra-docs-pagure<https://pagure.io/infra-docs> instead. Working with an active contributor in the repo to make sure there are no problems.

Comments & feedback are always welcome & have a great weekend!

Aoife
--
Aoife Moloney
Feature Driver