[CentOS-devel] CPE Team Weekly Update: 2019-10-04

Matthew Miller

mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Oct 4 20:46:43 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 05:16:38PM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> Can you clarify how CentOS community volunteers can contribute towards
> building and releasing the CentOS and Fedora platform artifacts?

Hi Tim! I can't speak for CentOS, but for Fedora... it depends. For the main
release and deliverables, you should start with the Fedora Release
Engineering docs at https://docs.pagure.org/releng/

If you're interested in something else -- like what we call a "spin" or a
custom container image or similar, there's different avenues....

Right now, all of these processes are pretty separate from the CentOS ones,
but -- especially as a lot of the paid work is delivered by the CPE team
which now works together -- I'd like to see what we can do to reconcile that
and take and learn from the best of both.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>