[CentOS-devel] CentOS Streams q&a

Mike McGrath

mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 13:46:31 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 5:05 AM john tatt via CentOS-devel <
centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> Bonjour (in english: Hi)
>
> Jusqu'à maintenant on pensait que Fedora était le laboratoire de RedHat.
>
> Si à présent Il y a un "Centos Stream" qui joue ce rôle, comment se
> situe-t-il par rapport à Fedora ? (qui dépend aussi de RedHat)
>
> english try:
>
> Till now one thought that Fedora was the laboratory for RedHat.
> If there is now a "Centos Stream" which plays this role, how does it take
> place between these both which depend also on RedHat ?

No changes to Fedora announced today.  We've always developed RHEL
internally, with nightly builds (as you'd expect) it's just now we're going
to do that in the public, allow interaction earlier, and we're calling that
"CentOS Stream" because we think that its a good fit for the community here.

Fedora continues to be the hotbed of innovation for driving new and
interesting features into RHEL (and now into CentOS Stream).

              -Mike

Mike McGrath

Platform Engineering - Chicago

Red Hat