[CentOS-devel] CBS and SIGs consuming CentOS 8 / Stream

Wed Sep 25 07:04:53 UTC 2019
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 25/09/2019 08:47, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> how can SIGs start building their packages for the newly released CentOS
> 8 and CentOS Stream?
> CBS seems missing CentOS 8.

Hi Sandro,

That's a good discussion/thread to start with SIGs members : I guess
that we'd need to import both 8 and 8-stream and SIGs can ask to build
against the two, and so different tags/repositories (but opt-in choice
for SIGs)

At the infra side, the current CBS setup would need to have a refresh at
least, as, while all builders/kojid were migrated to CentOS 7, kojihub
is still on 6.
So, but worth investigating also with Thomas, we'd need to schedule a
maintenance window to
- install kojihub/web on a CentOS 7 node
- upgrade kojihub/web/kojid everywhere
- install required pkgs on all builders to be able to understand c8
(newer pkgs are required, as that's what we had also to build first to
bootstrap c8 on c7 builders outside of CBS) :
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packages?tagID=1720

So all that should be discussed, eventually here and/or cbs meeting, and
the come back with a plan.
Initially, I thought that maybe going with mbox (the all-in-one
deployment method that we used to have the c8 build farm setup, and
visible on https://koji.mbox.centos.org) was the way to go for next CBS,
as setting MBS (needed if some SIGs want to have a possibility to also
build modules) isn't trivial to add to cbs ...

Maybe that can come in two steps :
- upgrade to koji (as it is right now) and no modules builds
- migrate later to something that can permit modules builds (through mbs)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab