[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 - Full SCL availability?

Fri Sep 27 13:22:50 UTC 2019
EXT-Eckert III, George W <george.w.eckertiii at boeing.com>

What I did on CentOS 7 was “yum install centos-release-scl” followed by “yum install devtoolset-8” in order to get gcc 8.3 and friends. I’m at work, and I cannot remember whether or not installing the centos-release-scl actually succeeded, but the install devtoolset-8 definitely fails, saying that it cannot be found.

George Eckert

From: CentOS-devel [mailto:centos-devel-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Mike McGrath
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:50 PM
To: The CentOS developers mailing list. <centos-devel at centos.org>
Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 - Full SCL availability?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 4:41 PM Joel Teichroeb <joel.teichroeb at smxemail.com<mailto:joel.teichroeb at smxemail.com>> wrote:

Hi George,

Doesn't CentOS 8 provide all the tools from devtoolset-8 in the standard repos? What else are you missing?

I can confirm on the RHEL side at least that SCL's are now first-class citizens and are directly in the distro.  While I haven't checked, I assume they remained that way in the CentOS Linux 8 rebuild.

            -Mike

Joel