[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 - Full SCL availability?

Fri Sep 27 15:13:50 UTC 2019
Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:23 AM EXT-Eckert III, George W
<george.w.eckertiii at boeing.com> wrote:

> What I did on CentOS 7 was “yum install centos-release-scl” followed by “yum install devtoolset-8” in order to get gcc 8.3 and friends. I’m at work, and I cannot remember whether or not installing the centos-release-scl actually succeeded, but the install devtoolset-8 definitely fails, saying that it cannot be found.

GCC 8 is the system compiler in EL8, so there's no devtoolset-8 for
CentOS 8 (or RHEL 8, for that matter). There should be a devtoolset-9
soon for EL8.