[CentOS-devel] Missing -devel packages

Troy Dawson

tdawson at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 20:41:04 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM Orion Poplawski <orion at nwra.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to help out with missing -devel packages in CentOS
> 8?  I'm waiting for a number of them, e.g.:
>
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17401

Hi Orion,
It helps if it is linked to this ticket.
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16492
Although nothing has happened there for 5 months.

To be clear, there is two definitions of "missing -devel packages"

There are the ones that have never shown up anywhere  (I'm still
waiting on 4 I believe)

And then there are the ones that originally showed up, and we were
able to build from them in EPEL8, but then when RHEL 8.2 came along,
the EPEL8 packages are still the old ones from RHEL 8.1.
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/9580

Troy