[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Tue Dec 8 18:32:31 UTC 2020

And what about new stuff that will be experimented on in Stream?
So far RHEL team did inhouse testing and when they were ready (stable
kernel, tested packages ) they were published and ONLY THEN they were
published in CentOS.
And now, packages will be changed several months before they are
published in RHEL, so what will that men for software that supports
specific minor releases of RHEL? WHat to do when you run Stream (beta
for example 8.6) and software only supports RHEL 8.5? What then?

when I run "dnf update" on CentOS Linux 8, I KNOW I will get package
that Red Hat team tested. Package in Stream will be some new untested
version with who know what problems...