[CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Stef Walter

swalter at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 17:58:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:53 PM David Hrbáč <david-lists at hrbac.cz> wrote:

> I understand this fact alone is not a panacea for all the problems people
>> are highlighting. But it does seem to cover your use case. From a
>> regression, stability, ABI, and kernel ABI perspective, it is the goal and
>> focus of many of us in RHEL Engineering for CentOS Stream to be stable.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stef
>>

> Well I can see it now with 7.x tree, almost with every kernel update we
> have to sort out Lustre driver issues and introduce a patch. I expect the
> updates becoming progressively worse with the rolling kernel updates.

While I'm unfamiliar with Lustre, that sounds like the kind of thing to
work together on to onboard into the Kernel CI project, where Red Hat is a
core member and RHEL engineering teams are some of the most active
participants.

https://foundation.kernelci.org/

Or reach out to dzickus at redhat.com to see if you can work to get your tests
that check for this problem onboarded into the testing for 7.x or 8.x.

Cheers,

Stef

--
Stef Walter (he / his)